Diesel Mechanic 1st Shift
Our food manufacturing client is actively searching for a Diesel Mechanic 1st Shift in the Madison, WI area. This Mechanic will be working on diesel trucks.
• Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
• Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
• Review all daily vehicle inspection reports.
• Analyze inspection reports with Maintenance Manager.
• Complete necessary repairs and maintenance on tractors and trailers according to schedule maintenance programs.
• Perform service on trailer refrigeration units as necessary.
• Report garage inventory to Traffic Manager.
• 2+ years of technical training beyond High School.
• 2+ years of diesel mechanic experience.
• D.O.T. Certification
• Certified in Air Brakes, state and federal refrigeration certificates.
• Current CDL license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and divide in all units of measure.
• Able to work 1st shift: M-F 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
• Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Life Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Personal Time
Diesel Mechanic, maintenance, Mechanic, vehicle inspections, service, inventory