My client is looking for an Equity Research Associate – Biotech (Oncology) for their location in New York City, NY. This is a Permanent Position
This individual will work closely with senior equity research professionals to assist in preparing and executing analyses of functional areas within the therapeutics industry. PhD and at least one year of finance experience strongly preferred.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Qualified candidates will possess either: PhD in pharmacology, molecular biology, physiology, or some directly medically relevant discipline; or MD, with or without post graduate medical training. PhD strongly preferred for this role.
• Prior business education: MBA or CFA, or other formal business training
• Prior business experience: at least 2 years of consulting experience at a leading consulting firm; or two years of industry business development experience at a leading pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm; or 2 years of investment banking analyst training in healthcare at a recognized investment banking firm
• Familiarity and knowledge of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries including clinical development, regulatory affairs, business development and commercialization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to search, understand and interpret scientific and medical publications
• Strong quantitative, financial modeling, forecasting and Excel skills
• General understanding of statistical analysis techniques