Job Title: Nurse
Job Type: Contract
We are seeking a Nurse for a youth summer camp near Owen Sound, Ontario. We are looking for someone who is personable and can communicate well with kids, detail oriented, and a hard worker.
The position is a 9 week contract from June 22nd to August 31st and you will be required to stay at the camp for those weeks. However, you will be provided with free boarding which includes a private cabin. You will be required to work two 45 minutes shifts a day and the rest of the day you will be on-call. The main duty of this job would be to make sure that the children take their medication as required at meal time.
This position is a great opportunity to experience the great outdoors. You can go canoeing on the lake, go for a hike or swim, or just take some time to relax in your own private cabin in your free time.
• Identify and assess patient care requirements
• Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications and utilizing approved standing orders of the Health Center
• Document patient care services by recording relevant information
• Monitor to make sure children are taking their medication as required
• Recommend patients seek medical/dental appointments when necessary
• Maintain and replenish nursing supplies inventory; check stock to determine inventory level
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge
• Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Call or contact:
(416) 850-9809 ext 319