Our manufacturing client is actively searching for a Safety Engineer in the Ames, IA area. This Engineer will establish, enforce and oversee programs that drive year-over-year improvement in safety and ergonomics performance while sustaining highest environmental quality standards.
• Involved in the design and improvement of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes health, safety and environmental recommendations.
• Engage in the development of methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE
• Assemble, manage and update health, safety and environmental policy and procedure manuals.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations, keep up to date changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
• May serve as a contact with regulatory bodies.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 1 -5 year experience in safety and health.
• Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
• Knowledge in developing and implementing effective training programs.
• Competent in driving continuous improvement in HSE.
• Competitive compensation package (Performance Based Bonus)
• Benefits package
• Relocation assistance
• Excellent Succession plan in place for growth potential
Safety Supervisor, Safety Engineer, EHS, health, environment, safety, training, ergonomics
Email resume as MS Word doc attachment or call: