• The Logistics and Schedule Coordinator works under the direction of the Senior Contracts Manager to support procurement services by contracting for scheduled services in a timely, cost-effective manner, for a diverse clientele, as well as actively managing contracted vendors.
• Maintain productive client and vendor relationships, and provide excellent customer service to client groups.
• Schedule vendors for, including but not limited to, the following commodities: carpet, upholstery and drapery cleaning, window covering repair, flooring repair, power washing, window washing, piano tuning and off campus housing services.
• Commodity Management, including but not limited to, purchase and repair of window coverings, billiards, pianos and flooring.
• Identify potential vendors, prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP), conduct site visits, obtain bids, prepare and evaluate bids and negotiate with suppliers.
• Award and administer purchase requests through completion.
• Monitor supplier performance for quality as well as cost, and compliance with associated terms and conditions.
• Assist the requesting organization in developing Statements of Work, identifying sources and in performing overall procurement acquisition planning for the specified service by developing needs analysis and forecasting for programmatic procurements.
• Resolve contractual issues by interacting with various requestors, suppliers, senior level program management personnel, and University Procurement.
• Work with various contract types, including, fixed price, time and materials and possibly lump sum.
• Support procurement initiatives and strategic sourcing; drive to achieve continuous improvement in procurement process.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in performing the above listed duties or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience negotiating and administering contracts with unusual and moderately complex terms and conditions.
• Demonstrated experience in working with various methods of contract types such as Firm Fixed Price, Lump Sum, Time and Materials, Professional Services Agreements and Basic Ordering Agreements.
• Experience partnering with internal customers, learning/understanding business needs and providing excellent procurement services.
• Knowledge of market conditions, trade practices, sources and lead time.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
• Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, sit and use light/fine grasping.
• Occasionally stand, walk and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing 10 pounds or less.
• Rarely kneel, crawl, climb, twist, bend, stoop, squat, reach or work above shoulders, grasp forcefully and sort, file paperwork or parts.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.