• Coordinate the Dean’s activities, including management of a complex calendar, travel arrangements and associated logistics, as well as teaching support.
• Commit the Dean’s time to those requesting access based on an in-depth understanding of the Dean’s priorities, needs, and role within the university.
• Prioritize, plan, and/or oversee logistics for meetings and events with internal/external constituents to the university.
• This includes executive and senior level staff, donors, and government and judiciary officials.
• Serve as the Dean’s liaison, working collaboratively with varied SLS departments, University departments, and external organizations.
• This includes screening correspondence, answering multiple telephone lines, and keeping the Dean and the Associate Dean informed of all matters requiring attention in a timely manner.
• Provides support to students and visitors to the office, and is responsive to questions and concerns
• Oversee and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Anticipate and track initial dates, events and associated action items; follow up with appropriate parties on behalf of the Dean and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to ensure deadlines are met.
• Manage the work of the Administrative Associate and all other operational aspects of the Dean’s office in consultation with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
• This includes taking responsibility for filing systems and ensuring all pertinent information and supporting materials are retained.
• Order supplies, letterhead and business cards.
• Compose correspondence; draft, review and edit documents.
• Compile materials needed for meetings and/or events.
• Process reimbursements, Pcard transactions, and other financial requests using Oracle.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of executive assistant experience (preferably in an academic setting) or combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated extensive high-level administrative experience supporting high level individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
• Contextual understanding of the Dean’s role within the university framework.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
• Must be a team player, detail oriented and able to work independently.
• Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.