The Information Security Program Strategist I is an entry-level information security technology specialist and business analyst who works under general supervision. Supports efforts for internal business clients for their Information Security related projects and initiatives by working with Information Security Management, external vendors, and internal IT service providers. Actively promotes security standards, integrates solutions, and maintains the strategic direction of Information Security by providing high-quality client services in the most productive and cost-effective manner possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under direction, collaborate with lines of business and internal IT groups in evaluating and gathering technical requirements for business clients’ projects and initiatives.
2. Research clients’ requirements to develop potential technical solutions by interacting with any internal and/or external solution providers and subject matter experts.
3. Remain aware of the corporate technology, infrastructure, standards, processes, and strategic direction and use these tools to help guide the client in accomplishing their business goals.
4. Adhere to all policy and standards as well as regulatory requirements regarding reporting and escalations.
5. Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, to both business and technology audiences.
Required Skills and Competencies:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, technology related field or equivalent education and related training
2. Core understanding of the Windows Operating System including troubleshooting of software deployments and desktop services
3. Ability to create reports and analyzed data from multiple data sources
4. Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs, and researching/synthesizing information to resolve problems with moderate supervision
5. Demonstrate an ongoing passion for learning about information security through self-education
6. A grounded understanding of applied enterprise information security technologies
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Knowledge of financial services industry and all applicable regulations and industry standards.