Project Management - Waste Water Treatment Plant - 1
Valencia, CA 91354
The Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff and off-site activities. You must demonstrate strong leadership, knowledge of contracts, organizational management skills as well as have strong communication and client/customer service skills. You will direct the field responsibility for both self-performing and subcontracted trades. In taking the lead role on projects, you will liaise directly with the client/owners and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget.
Responsible for managing and directing a large complex wastewater treatment plant construction project by providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary to meet the project goals and objectives.
Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project teams.
Directly responsible to senior executive team.
Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
Ensures scope of work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including the client.
Determines controls and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
Provides senior experience and knowledge in water and wastewater treatment plant self-perform construction to the team and field operations.
Develops cost savings solutions for process mechanical, concrete construction, piping and other trade issues and scopes of work.
Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
Utilizes existing relationships with vendors and suppliers in the water and wastewater business to benefit the company and project.
Maintains ongoing communication with client at his/her level and works with project teams to make adjustments as necessary to comply with clients’ needs within contractual obligations, or to adjust project deliverables to meet the client and stakeholders needs.
Follows and ensures conformance with policies and procedures, including safety policies.
Enhances relationships with vendors and subcontractors in the water and wastewater treatment business.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field/equivalent experience or Engineering Degree.
2. Heavy Civil Construction background with 10+ years
3. $40 Million + Waste Water / Water Treatment Facility as Project Manager experience required per contract
4. 5. $20-$30 Million + Heavy/Civil Construction project as Project Manager required per contract
6. Must be safety oriented – 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred but not required.
7. Thorough and experienced understanding of water and wastewater treatment plant self-perform construction logistics and requirements for mechanical, civil, architectural and other applicable scopes of work.
8. The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
9. Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite
10. Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) training a plus, however QSP or QSD certifications are not required.
11. Estimating and CAD knowledge a plus
12. P6 Primavera scheduling proficient a plus
13. Describe the scope of the projects the candidate has most recently worked on
14. Why is the candidate looking to leave their current job?
15. What is the candidate's experience working on WWTP or Water Processing plants?
16. Has the candidate successfully completed a WWTP or Water Processing plant project $40M +?
17. What is the length of time of the project completed?
18. What is the % of time spent as the Project Manager?
19. What self-perform scopes of heavy civil work does the candidate have experience managing as a Superintendent or Project Manager?
20. # of years’ experience working in heavy civil construction self-performed work.
21. Is the candidate's experience working on projects where he/she was the self-performing General Contractor?
22. Salary Expectation?
23. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
24. Complete Current Address?