Project Manager - Highway Experience - 1
King City, CA 93130
The Project Manager (PM) manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff and off-site activities. The PM must demonstrate strong leadership, knowledge of contracts, organizational management skills as well as have strong communication and client/customer service skills. The PM will direct the field responsibility for both self-performing and subcontracted trades. In taking the lead role on projects, the PM will liaise directly with the client/owners and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget.
Responsible for managing and directing several projects by providing the communication, coordination and follow-up necessary to meet the project goals and objectives.
Maintains ongoing training and mentoring of project teams.
Directly responsible to senior executive team.
Provides ongoing project information and project reviews as required by management.
Coordinates training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
Ensures scope of work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including the client.
Determines controls and maintains overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
Tracks schedule and budget progress with project milestones and takes all action necessary to keep project on track.
Identifies and secures necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
Maintains ongoing communication with client at his/her level and works with project teams to make adjustments as necessary to comply with clients’ needs within contractual obligations, or to adjust project deliverables to meet the client and stakeholders needs.
Follows and ensures conformance with policies and procedures, including safety policies.
Negotiates subcontracts and purchase orders
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field/equivalent experience.
2. Heavy Civil Construction background with 15+ years
3.Caltrans Heavy/Civil experience required
4. Experience with Structures, Concrete Paving, Underground and Grading required
5. Must be safety oriented – 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills.
7. Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite
8. Proficient with P6 scheduling software
9. Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) training a plus.
10. Customer service/client driven
11. Estimating and CAD knowledge a plus
12. Describe the scope of the projects the candidate has most recently worked on
13. Does the candidate require sponsorship now or in the future?
14. Why is the candidate looking to leave their current job?
15. Salary Expectation?
US Citizen or Green Card holder.
17. Complete Current Address?