About Everywhere Wireless
Everywhere Wireless is Chicago's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP) changing the way internet is being delivered. The company competes with Comcast and AT&T to provide internet access to business and residential customers throughout Chicago and its first ring suburbs. Using the most advanced microwave and fiber-optic technology, EW has disrupted the status quo in the ISP space by providing customers with a superior Internet experience, all-the-way-around. Just see our 5-star Google and Yelp! Ratings.
The Field Support Technician is a key role with EW’s Support Department. You are who we’re looking for if you have the technical expertise to understand when a jack is punched down correctly, to make any required cross connects to complete the connection all the way back to the telecom closet, and to connect to our network. Additionally, you are a people person with exceptional customer service skills in person and on the phone.
You will report directly to the Field Support Team Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform Residential Customer Installations 5 days a week
• Perform installations, maintenance, disconnects and troubleshooting in our residential buildings
• Attend to various field repair tasks including network equipment troubleshooting/replacement, cable runs and cable management
• On-Call duties as required
• Complete understanding of the physical layer, CAT 5, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, patch panels, multimode fiber, etc
• 1 year of experience with CAT 5 Ethernet networks
• Positive personality and conversation skills
• Superior troubleshooting skills
• Basic understanding of home networking equipment, routers, switches, VoIP devices, Roku, AppleTV, etc
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• $16 - $20/ hour + Bonus opportunities
• Health and Dental benefits; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; and more great perks.
Everywhere Wireless is an ideal place to work. If you have a strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a common-sensed approach to business, you will fit right in with the company culture. EW values initiative and rewards employees that consistently exceed goals, objectives and expectations. EW is headquartered in the West Loop technology hub alongside Google, Echo, Belly, Jump Trading, Lightbank and many other fast growing technology companies. The office is within easy walking distance to the CTA, Michelin-rated restaurants, entertainment venues and the Fulton Market District. The company is heavily involved with the Chicago community and its respective neighborhoods, with participation ranging from charity events, to non-profit volunteer work, to supplying many of Chicago's beaches and parks with free Wi-Fi through its partnership with the City of Chicago.