Title: Principle Graphics Artist
Location: Huntsville AL-35824
Duration: 12+ Months (Contract)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Principle Graphics Artist in Huntsville, Al. The candidate will provide graphic arts and illustration expertise in the development of operator, maintainer, and administrator software for interactive electronic technical manuals and electronic technical manuals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Arts, Communications, or related field and six years of applicable experience. • Four years applicable experience with a Master’s degree. Four years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• MUST be proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite (MS Word and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• MUST demonstrate proficiency in the development (creation, editing, reviewing, and finalization) of paged-based and frame-based technical manual line drawing illustrations as raster and vector-based graphics.
• MUST be proficient in the graphics development for Operator, Maintainer, and Sustainment level IETMs and ETMs to include Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL).
• MUST have the ability to research, review, understand technical information, interpret engineering drawings, interface with maintenance engineers and provisioners, and develop procedural illustrations for technical documentation.
• MUST be able to participate in peer reviews, Validations, Verifications, and Logistics Maintenance Demonstration events to ensure accuracy, usability, and compliance of IETMs/ETMs illustrations within contract requirements and associated specifications.
• MUST possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to prepare and present reports and presentations using MS Office products to co-workers, managers, and customers.
• Familiar with Arbortext Editor, IADS, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Familiarity with DoD specifications MIL-HDBK-1222* and MIL-STDs -40051-1* and -40051-2*.
• Familiarity with the process for creation, editing, review, finalization, and publishing of DMWRs, PMCs, LOs, MWOs, BDARs, and SBs pamphlets pocket guides, quick reference guides, and commercial pamphlets across multiple services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard).
• The familiarity of Government Printing Office (GPO) style guide.
• Familiarity with the military (U.S. Army) maintenance concepts to include the Army’s two-level maintenance concept and maintenance allocation chart (MAC) use in TM development.
• Knowledge of Beyond Compare, Ultra Edit, and XMLSpy software.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, and potentially climb upon large vehicles or systems. •• May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Have the ability to travel (<10%) when required, mostly within CONUS.
• Have the ability to multitask on more than one project at a time.
• Have the ability to work with a group or independently, and able to complete assigned tasks within the required deadlines
Kindly Share your Most Updated Resume also!