Position Title Project Engineer – Heavy Civil Construction – Mid-Atlantic MD, DC, VA #5120
Location Annapolis Junction, MD and Chesapeake, VA (Needs in both locations, projects in MD, DC, and VA)
Plans and directs civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, and pipelines. The Project Engineer works with the Superintendent to develop a dynamic relationship co-responsible for total contract performance and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes and understands plans and specifications.
2. Knows administrative procedures as outlined in Project Administration Manual.
3. Possesses field expertise: inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
4. Proficient with CPM scheduling program; produces accurate schedules as needed.
5. Supervises and coordinates submittal process and working drawings requirements.
6. Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, environmental impact studies, and designs for project as necessary
7. Provides Contract interpretation and clarification.
8. Communicates in clear and professional manner both verbally and in writing with job team and owners.
9. Maintains and updates project schedules;
a. Updates monthly schedules with assistance of Project Superintendent.
b. Assists Project Superintendent with weekly two week look ahead schedule review.
10. Understands cost and productivity data.
11. Maintains, verifies, and reports cost and income quantities for work performed.
12. Reviews, approves, and submits progress billings.
13. Analyzes, prepares, maintains and monitors job costs and production budgets.
14. Works with Superintendent to control job costs and production budgets.
15. Prepares and submits accurate and timely monthly cost, income, and cash flow projections.
16. Executes and approves subcontractor requisitions and vendor invoices.
17. Coordinates, prices and assists Project Manager in settlement of change orders and claims.
18. Responds to issues quickly; proactive in problem solving; handles multiple tasks.
19. Manages time and organizes office and filing system efficiently; organizes and maintains accurate project correspondence files.
20. Maintains Subcontractor insurance certificate compliance.
21. Maintains project compliance with underground utility notifications and locations (i.e. Miss Utility and others).
22. Promotes and participates in 2 week and long range planning with job team; includes job team in all planning.
23. Treats all coworkers with respect; works well with subs and suppliers.
24. Consistently applies and enforces Safety Policy at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and at least 5 years engineering work experience in a heavy civil construction environment. Computer literate: proficient with spreadsheet and word processing programs, proficient with CPM scheduling programs such as Primavera Project Planner. Understanding of and experience using cost and productivity data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Computer Operating Systems, Project Management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
2. 5+ years of engineering work experience in a heavy civil construction environment.
3. Proficient with spreadsheet and word processing programs, proficient with CPM scheduling programs such as Primavera Project Planner. Understanding of and experience using cost and productivity data.
4. Must be local.