Company is located in the Aurora area.
Summary of Job
The Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, programming, simulating and testing automated processes and machinery, followed by creating detailed documentation or manuals for the fully functional projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead control and automation projects, both new installations and retrofits, that improve safety, quality, production, and reduce cost in the manufacturing plant
• Work closely with process and industrial engineer peers on the parent improvement projects that drive automation needs
• Support technicians with advanced problem-solving and skill training
• Capacity analysis
• Maintains assigned SPA (Single Point of Accountability) area, including clarity of expectations to others
• Responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are met
• Other duties may be assigned, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable Engineering or Technology field preferred
• Knowledge of industrial machine control circuits and components
• Knowledge of electrical schematic design
• PLC/HMI education or experience
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Software/script development and/or database experience
• Robotic and vision system experience (Fanuc, Cognex, Universal Robotics)