Job Tittle: Buyer
Duration: 12+ Months
Shift: Monday – Friday
Buyer of multiple commodity items spanning mechanical, electrical and optical products. Manage external suppliers to achieve procurement targets on price, delivery and quality. Purchase material and services in support of operational and production requirements. Ability to work with various functional groups; including Production Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance to ensure business goals are met.
• Procurement of production demands.
• Know the products that are being built.
• Establish and maintain order action reports.
• Develop suppliers that meet schedule, provide quality and meet cost targets
• Maintain quotes on common repetitive components.
• Ensure material is ordered to support Production demands.
• Review and Plan requirements for purchasing materials
• Initiates bid/quote process performs bid analysis and makes recommendations regarding purchases; prepares and administers contracts, prepares bid documents and oversees the distribution process.
• Determines and develops appropriate sources of supply and maintains contact with vendors to stay current with trends, technologies, products and services.
• Resolves problems and issues arising from purchase of services, supplies and equipment.
• Understand ECO implications, Configuration Management, and works to resolve potential related to open purchase orders.
• Continuous Improvement
o On-time ordering/delivery
o Cost reduction
o Kit Releases
• Coordinate purchasing procedures among departments and divisions
• Understand implications of material shortages that may affect production.
• Understand ECO implications, work to resolve potential WIP issues and potential purge requirements.
• Other tasks as assigned by management
For problem resolution;
Buyer is responsible for procurement to stock
Engage with various disciplines to resolve problems, shortages, quality & cost issues
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• Associate degree in a Business or Technical discipline or possess the equivalent combination or education and /or experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Purchasing, Procurement, Buying or Expediter
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a production manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with ERP and MRP
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Supplier selection
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with bid/quote process performs bid analysis
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with materials management/ inventory
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Good written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills in English. Basic computer and math skills. Must have good organizational skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD Security Clearance
• Associates Degree