Position Title Buyer / Planner – Manufacturing - IL #5517
Location Harwood Heights, IL
Manufacturing services provider that specializes in precision machining, assembling and testing complete products and machined components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews production plans for multiple production cells & releases job orders
• Places purchase orders and expedites materials as required to support production schedules
• Works toward achieving annual cost reduction goals. Endeavors to get suppliers to reduce their lead times and improves delivery performance.
• Assesses, establishes & maintains capacities of work cells through continuous review of advanced planning data.
• Submit Internal reports daily on finished goods commitments to customers.
• Insures that production schedules are in sync with purchased materials schedules to optimize all supply chain goals
• Negotiates with suppliers for materials and services by achieving the lowest total cost
• Adheres to industry-wide Purchasing Good Practices when dealing with suppliers
• Creates and submits Requests for Quotation (RFQ's) to suppliers and follows-up as necessary
• Communicates with suppliers on a regular basis assisting to cultivate relationships with them. Participates in on-site meetings with suppliers.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or an equivalent
• Combination of education and experience
• 3-5 Years Purchasing and/or Production Planning experience in a manufacturing environment
• ERP software experience particularly, an in-depth knowledge of M2M preferred
• Familiarity with total cost analysis concepts
• Proficient in developing and providing detailed forecasts of demand requirements to
suppliers based on historical sales
• Excellent understanding of statistical concepts used to formulate safety stock quantities to meet customer service levels
• Experience with implementing and maintaining a Lean Material Flow manufacturing environment is a plus
• Able to demonstrate a track record of accomplishments in supply chain management
• Detailed and analytically oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with ERP forecasting software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including, word, excel and Outlook
• Certification in APICS or ISM a plus
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. 3+ years of purchasing or production planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. ERP software experience particularly, an in-depth knowledge of M2M preferred.
4. Familiarity with total cost analysis concepts.
5. Proficient in developing and providing detailed forecasts of demand requirements to suppliers based on historical sales.
6. Certification in APICS or ISM a plus.
7. Must be local.