SR POWER ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER– Direct Hire position / Orange County, CA
Development responsibilities for the design of advanced high frequency uninterruptible power supplies with analog and digital control.
MAIN CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Must have BSEE OR MSEE
2. UPS (double conversion), PFC (Power Factor Correction), AC-DC with PFC both 1-phase and 3-phase, DC-AC Inverter using IGBT/MOSFET (1 to 100 kHz range) both 1-phase and 3-phase, DC-DC converter with high frequency (HF) Isolation (50 to 100 kHz range) with ZVS knowledge, parallel operation of UPS.
3. UPS Battery storage (Lead Acid and Lithium Iron Phosphate)
4. Magnetic design – Inductor and HF transformer
5. Filter design – Inductor and Capacitor
6. MATLAB/Simulink, PSpice model
• BSEE or MSEE with power conversion technologies (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) emphasis
• 8+ years related experience with UPS topologies design, detailed circuit design and product implementation.
• EMC/EMI circuit design & magnetic design (like inductor & transformer) experience required.
• Must be able to direct the layout of design circuit boards to achieve noise free products efficiently to move products to producible state in short time frames
• Must be able to design circuits & integrated systems to achieve highly reliable & cost-effective power conversion products for volume production.
• Able to work independently using embedded microcontroller/DSP circuitry & digital communications interface with UPS.
• Must have high levels of self-motivation & successful hands-on experiences with the design of all aspects of UPS products using advanced state-of-the-art technology like ZVS using Si and SiC power devices.
• Emphasis on high level of technical competence with innovative circuit design & systems design based upon strong history of product design successes.
• First project is the completion of a very flexible high frequency isolated UPS product design. Company has a continuous stream of follow up on development projects.
• Wide range of high frequency based power conversion topologies for DC/DC converters, 1-phase & 3-phase power factor correctors, inverters (1 & 3 phase), chargers, etc and with the integration of embedded microcontroller & DSP supports systems for the most efficient hardware & firmware control integrated end product.
• Must be able to prioritize workload and work in a multitasking small company fast-track environment.
• Good communication skills & documentation skills are required.
• Understand sense of urgency and priorities. Proficiency with MS Word/Excel.
Standard day shift position to include extended hours, if necessary, to accommodate workload requirements and/or other responsibilities. Competitive salary. Benefits include healthcare, 401k, standard holidays, PTO, etc.
Company conducts background checks and drug testing. Must be able to prove eligibility to work in the US if a position is offered and accepted. Will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.