Cleared Registered Nurse
Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center
Linxx Global Solutions, Inc. (Linxx) is currently seeking qualified Registered Nurses to perform Nursing Support Services to two medical units to ensure the health and well-being of employees and mission partners and to provide care in the event of an emergency. The position is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Bluemont, Virginia, at the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC).
THESE POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD.
The MWEOC is a federal facility owned and operated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Because it supports DHS, FEMA, and various other agency programs that include emergency operations and contingency programs, the facility has the ability to operate 24/7/365.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Our Nursing Support Services team will cover a wide range of duties in a civilian command facility in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition to other duties, RNs will:
• Assist in conducting employee physical examinations (approximately 300 annually), including: analysis of clinical results and patient interaction with final signature authority for Fitness for Duty determinations
• Critical thinking to intervene with appropriate intervention for urgent/emergent/acute care, due to the possibility of an emergency situation happening any time, for an extended amount of time
• Provide leadership and knowledge of emergency medical personnel involved in patient care
• Deliver administrative oversight to manage personnel, medical records, equipment, and supplies at both medical units
• Make available consistent services on-site, assisting in the preventative medical evaluations and employee health monitoring
• Provide data and other necessary information that can be used for performance measures, performance improvement, and clinical competency
• Oversee medical equipment inventories and calibration/maintenance of equipment
• Maintain and improve the existing medical records system
• Provide information to satisfy requests for proof of credentialing from within DHS/FEMA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Collaborating with Advanced Practice Providers and physician colleagues with clear communication and documentation
• Knowledge of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center and their policies
• Participating in monitoring the quality, safety, and relevance of patient care
• Demonstrating ethical conduct throughout all levels of the organization
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism to understand all policies related to HIPPA
• Other patient care related duties as necessary
• Top Secret clearance
• Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English fluently
• Board Certified Registered Nurse (active and unrestricted Virginia license)
• United States or naturalized citizen
• Authorized to work in the United States for any employer
• In the event of a national emergency, must be able to arrive at the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center within one hour
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Basic and voluntary life insurance
• Disability coverage
• Paid time off.
Linxx is a fast-growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and contract support offices operating in 35 locations across the U.S. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.