• To undertake a timely comprehensive patient assessments combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of patients in relation to a personal care services and provide to contracted health plan a report to VNSNY Partners in Care. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer’s day to day life in performing work related activities. These assessments may be recorded.
• To efficiently utilize on line NYS application for completion of UAS Assessment and contracted Health Plan, and or all internal programs to support clinical decision making when undertaking assessments
• To provide comprehensive assessments to enable decision makers at VNSNY Partners in Care and contracted health plan to make informed decisions regarding a person’s personal care needs
• Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work
• To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the contracted health plan and Partners in Care and to respond positively to feedback
• To undertake patient UAS assessments where required
• To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary
• To analyze and interpret clinical information and medical evidence to efficiently complete a comprehensive and accurate UAS assessment
• Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff
• Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the Partners in Care Code of Conduct NMC
• In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Education: Licensed with current registration to practice as a Professional Registered Nurse in New York State required.
Bachelor Degree required
• Completion of UAS Training manuals on NY HCS website
• Minimum of two years recent experience in Home Care
• Experience with Care Management preferred.
• Experience with elderly patient population required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills required.
• Experience working with computer systems as well as knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel)
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Analytic skills necessary to aggregate potentially contrasting information from multiple sources.
• Exemplary work ethic, follow-through skills and overall good judgment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to concisely convey messaging to the appropriate audience.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills