Candidates will need to be on-site at Quincy or Boston locations
Seeking a hands-on “Big Data” Quality Assurance consultant with proven expertise in the following:
• Development and execution of both manual and automated test scripts to perform functional and non-functional testing in a big data ecosystem
• Performance of regression and database testing in a big data ecosystem
o High proficiency working with the Apache Spark framework for data ingestion, movement, development, etc.
• Prior experience working in DevOps environment leveraging Agile tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, GitHub/GitLab
Ideal candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills with a “consulting mind set” and the ability to perform hands-on testing execution
• Ability to translate business needs into high level test designs and user acceptance testing requirements
• Leads the test efforts to ensure proper operation, defect analysis, and freedom from defects
• Coordinates testing activities across multiple and complex projects
• Develop & execute test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans, including component, assembly, application and integration product, performance, user acceptance and technical architecture tests.
• Ability to apply multiple open source technical solutions to business problems
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a DevOps model as a QA tester
• Experience working with cross-functional technical teams. The ideal candidate will possess technology and healthcare business background that enables them to engage at multiple levels of the organization
• Articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in simple or understandable terms.
• Healthcare domain knowledge
• Experience with Quality Assurance in a Big Data & Data Warehouse testing environment
o Experience working in a Cloudera CDH v5.15 or higher environment is highly desired
o Experience working in an AWS environments leveraging EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, etc is highly desired
o General knowledge of how data science tools such as R Studio, Anaconda, H2o, Tableau leverage data throughout the big data ecosystem is highly desired
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Validate product fixes. Inform the test lead of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process.
• Conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies.
• Develop, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures.
• Record problems and issues and work with the application team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
• Participate in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the test team) to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Build and maintain credibility & trust when exposed to executive and senior level management and business partners.
• Creates Test Plan and facilitates creation of test cases.
• Ensures testability of requirements and test coverage.
• Coordinates the development of the test scoping document to be used for the construction of the environments.
• Defines critical test areas for system testing and reviews risk assessments.
• Develops and manages testing schedule, and reports on testing statuses and results to project teams and leadership.
• Inspects project artifacts and reports on compliance
• Leads the test efforts to ensure proper operation, defect analysis, and freedom from defects.
• Coordinates activities with Project Manager and Core project team.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Communicates with project core team, and immediate supervisor and escalates to senior IT and business leadership as appropriate.
• Mentors less experienced staff in specific business knowledge areas or quality management techniques.