Appen is collecting voice samples from Cantonese in Hong Kong for independent institutions to study the pronunciation of Cantonese in Hong Kong. All children and teenagers (3 to 15 years old) whose native language is Cantonese are invited to participate. Participants only need to read the predetermined words in Cantonese through the recording page, but the company recommends that the guardian guide from the side (especially the younger participants).
Record 160 sentences of Cantonese phrases through the webpage. Younger participants may need assistance from parents or guardians during the recording process.
Time required: 40 minutes to 1 hour (no need to complete)
Device requirements: Android smartphone or tablet or Windows or Mac computer with Google Chrome installed
• All participants will receive a basic remuneration of $13 after successful completion;
• Children aged 8 or younger will receive additional compensation after successfully completing all 160 recordings, and will be grateful to the company for their gratitude;
• If children aged 8 or younger are unable to complete all 160 recordings, the company can pay part of the basic compensation in proportion to the successful completion.
(must be completed by parent/guardian or authorized adult)
The company is able to pay through PayPal, Payoneer or local banks in Hong Kong.
• PayPal and Payoneer take 10 working days to complete, and 15 working days for banks
• The final amount of the bank will be based on the exchange rate of the PayPal US dollar to the Hong Kong dollar.
The Appen Global Team