Our long term financial services client is seeking to add a well-rounded Manager of Cyber Security Operations to their growing team in Duluth, GA. This manager will be responsible for the overall end-to-end management of the company's cyber Security operations for corporate systems and financial systems in a multi-datacenter / multi-customer environment. This position will be required to develop and lead the Security Operations team in the execution of the company’s cyber security strategy for the delivery of secure, scalable infrastructure systems and services. This is a full-time (direct hire) in Duluth, GA. Experience with MS Azure highly preferred!
Local (Duluth/Atlanta) area candidates will only be considered.
Please no 3rd party or C2C candidates
In this exciting role, you will interface with management and other technical teams in support of PCI audits, field examinations, corporate audits, external audits, and high profile customer audits. Developing and implementing strategic, technical, and operational security/infrastructure controls that are properly aligned with business goals and objectives. Manages the Security Operations team responsible for maintaining security configurations for routers, switches and firewalls and for using applicable encryption methods. This role is also responsible for providing information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages, coordinates and prioritizes the schedules, projects and activities of direct reports.
· Develops the support structure of the organization, managing and developing existing staff as well as recruitment.
· Coordinates the implementation of security tools and secure infrastructure architectures to support transaction processing and internal initiatives, and implementation and support of transaction processing systems.
· Works with management to coordinate responses to information security control testing and vulnerability scans, audits and assessments, and implements practices to optimize this process across the organization for the proactive reduction of organizational risk.
· Responsible for managing security vendors including Approved Scanning Vendors, Managed Security Service Providers, and external pen test vendors.
· Oversees Company Information Security operations.
· Executes and improves the core functions of the Cybersecurity Operations Center, including: threat detection and prevention, incident response, systems and network security monitoring, forensics, vulnerability management, and data loss prevention at enterprise scale.
· Reviews computer security incident reports and anomalous activity of network and ensures ongoing proactive measures to mitigate risks as well as providing tier 1-2 escalation path for resolving security incidents.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards that monitor infrastructure security and DLP KPIs.
· Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis.
· Serves as an internal Information Security consultant on information security projects/initiatives, automation of security testing.
· Participates in major new system implementation projects to ensure that appropriate security controls are built into systems prior to production cutover.
· Works closely with the IT Architecture team to design and implement automated security controls in DevOps methodology along with the associated tools and processes.
· Ensures ongoing system and network health checks on identified high risk network segments, systems, and applications as well as follow up remediation.
· Uses tools and techniques to collect, analyze and aggregate data loss prevention, security information event management, privileged account management, and data encryption.
· Ensures the monitoring of intrusion detection and security information management systems to discover and mitigate malicious activity on networks.
· Works with Investigation team(s) on serious security violations.
· Manages team to conduct root cause analysis for operational security issues.
· Drives process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the other Enterprise Information Service Teams.
· Acts as a catalyst for change to improve security processes that benefit the organization.
· Bachelor’s in Information Technology or 7 or more years of equivalent experience including at least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience required.
· In depth knowledge of PCI/DSS, SOC audits, and other industry audits; security processes; incident response and investigative procedures.
· In depth knowledge of security tools including: Threat Detection, IPS/IDS, Encryption, Certificate Services, End Point Protection, Web application firewalls and SIEM technologies.
· In depth knowledge of Identity Access Management (IAM)
· Broad knowledge of enterprise systems, operating systems, and hardware platforms; storage technologies, local storage, Arrays, SAN's, IP-Storage, NAS, File Systems; Cloud Infrastructure.
· Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, negotiation, as well as analytical and technical skills.
· Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to respond to political challenges.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Enterprise objectives.
· Ability to provide day-to-day management to Security personnel in an IT Department in multiple office and data center locations.
· Experience interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
· Ability to work with individuals of all levels with varying technical skills. Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.