We have been engaged by a leader in the BioTech/BioPharma to identify outstanding candidates for their Technical
Sales in Capital Equipment to the BioTech Industry for the central US--based either in Houston OR Dallas TX area.
The Technical Sales Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Sales, Central US and be responsible for all sales activities in the given geographies. Technical Sales Specialists will be tasked with ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales strategies.
Previous life science sales experience is not a strict requirement, however it is highly desired for this position.
This Technical Sales Specialist should be prepared to travel 50% or more for this position.
Key Responsibilities this Technical Sales Specialist must be experienced performing:
• Managing weekly field activities to generate and close regional sales opportunities.
• Achieving sales and profit goals within a region.
• Doing weekly updates of quarterly and yearly forecast models.
• Management of CRM data input and weekly metrics.
• Direct interaction with customers to promote our capital equipment products and brand.
• Maintaining and expanding customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new
• Maintaining a monthly/quarterly expense budget and ensures territory is operating within budget.
• Reporting directly to the North America sales management team.
• Must be living in Houston Texas or Dallas Texas.
Qualifications needed for this Technical Sales Specialist Role:
• A minimum of three years of related technical sales experience or training in the Life Sciences sector; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience (within the Dallas or Houston, TX area).
• Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
• Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities.
• Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
How to apply for this Technical Sales Specialist Role;
1. Send an updated resume (highlighting your capital equipment sales experience within Texas sales territory) to the attention of Betty M Scott at and . No cover letter is needed.
2. After you have sent your resume, call our office at 646 250 8103 to schedule an immediate review of your background.