Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal.
• Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
• Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
• Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
• Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
• Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify supervisor or physician of patients condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
• Perform all drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and