EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Software as a Service Specialist (SaaSS) is responsible for providing all aspects of set-up and initial support for EBSCO’s SaaS products/services, which include but are not limited to:
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS)
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Catalog & IR
EBSCOhost Integrated Search (EHIS)
Full Text Finder (FTF)
Holdings and Link Manager (HLM)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Support SaaS customers, aggregators, publishers, vendors, and partners by providing initial set-up, and continued support for EBSCO’s SaaS products/services. Support includes but is not limited to:
Working closely with EBSCO Information Services Team members and the customer to obtain all necessary set-up information.
- Working with aggregators, publishers, vendors, and partners to establish authentication and maintain relations.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of EBSCOhost Integrated Search.
- Setup, configure, and integrate EBSCO's SaaS products/services, such as EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS), EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Catalog & IR, EBSCOhost Integrated Search (EHIS), Full Text Finder (FTF), Holdings and Link Manager (HLM), OpenAthens (OA), Stacks, and Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Maintain documentation on SaaS Operations Team and associated support procedures, including but not limited to creating internal and external FAQ’s and maintaining aggregators, publishers, vendors, and partners documentation.
- Adhere to best practices as defined by case handling guidelines.
- Work closely with the Discovery Solutions Coordinator and/or Sales to provide support for questions pertaining to EBSCO's SaaS products/services - tasks include but are not limited to pre-post sale conference call participation and on-site customer visitations.
- Assist in the training of team members as necessary.
- Assist in other Customer Relations teams work as required.
- Understand the technical environment, the products serviced and systems used at EBSCO Industries, and by our customers.
- Other areas of responsibility as deemed necessary for the proper support of customers and EBSCO’s SaaS products/services
Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical professionals.
Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Able to produce significant output with minimal waste.
Adjusts quickly to shifting priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, while maintaining focus on priorities.
Bachelor’s Degree in the field or 4 years equivalent experience.
Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and proven troubleshooting skills
1-2 years’ experience supporting customers using Web-based services, preferred.
What you also bring, but can’t be taught:
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact - Eager to Understand – Accountability – Decisiveness – You’re a Team Player
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest!
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.