Title: Senior Windows Monitoring Administrator - ESM Tools
Location: Eagan, MN
Duration: 3-6 months (CTH)
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience; or an additional 4 years of directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Proven experience with Windows Server platforms in an enterprise environment
• Solid working knowledge of Windows and Unix Operating systems
• Demonstrate strong Windows and/or Linux scripting knowledge
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of another scripting language (such as Rest, Perl, Ruby, and Python)
• Experience architecting and engineering software for use within a large organization and enterprise
• Experience using any (application/hardware/os/network/portal) monitoring tools and responding to system alerts
• Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux internals, including engineering and administration of applications in an enterprise
• Should have a thorough understanding of SNMP & networking
• Should possess good communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer support skills
• Strong understanding of system calls with knowledge of how to programmatically use these calls to develop system monitoring
• Hands on experience in developing various integrations using Rest, Perl, C#, .NET, and Python.
• Strong cloud monitoring experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience developing business and IT KPI’s for monitoring systems and applications
• Experience with BMC (Patrol/Portal/BEM/SIM) Monitoring application tools
• Experience with Splunk
• Strong knowledge of monitoring and event management.
• Strong knowledge of monitoring solutions on Windows-based or Linux-based systems.
• Subject Matter Expert for monitoring, SolarWinds WPM, Zabbix, or AppDynamics would be excellent.
• Local to the Eagan, MN area. (This position does not provide relocation assistance.)