Title: Computer Systems Administrator – VMWare VDI
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 3-6 months (Contract to Hire)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Analysis, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• MUST have direct experience installing, configuring, and managing VMware software products including but not limited to Horizon View, App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and vRealize Operations for Horizon.
• Basic understanding of data center networking (TCP/IP, switching/routing, ports and protocols, firewall concepts, load-balancing)
• Basic understanding of storage protocols (e.g. NFS, SMB, S3, FC, iSCSI, NVMe)
• Good knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
• Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 10 and MS Server 2012 & 2012 R2.
• Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 or 2014.
• Experience with hardening and improving the security of Windows operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation.
• Comfortable working in and making registry edits.
• A current VMware Certification (preferably a VCP6-DTM or VCP7-DTM or VCAP6-DTM or VCAP7-DTM)
• Strong background in Desktop Virtualization: VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, Citrix; Microsoft RDS
• Dell Wyse Configuration Manager experience and knowledge
• Knowledge of MSI and Windows Installer technologies for creating ThinApps and App Stacks