Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Rosslyn VA
Duration: 3-6 months (CTH)
• Required computer software skills: Expertise in PC-based Adobe Creative Cloud -- in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Also proficient in Microsoft Office 365 basics – Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to format reports and graphics to be 508 Compliant.
• Excellent visual stylistic sense (balance, tone, placement) with an understanding of basic design and communication principles.
• Strong creative thinking and concept development skills including the ability to devise original and clever design approaches and deliver visual imagery appropriate to the project specs.
• Ability to translate complex information into powerful and persuasive images and infographics.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment; must be able to manage several projects simultaneously from concept through completion.
• Detail oriented.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Portfolio required with examples of print and online original graphics.
• MUST have a BS Degree in visual communications, graphic design, or a related program area.
• 5 to 7 minimum years’ work experience in the field of graphic design or communications.
• Experience writing/editing, designing and producing original corporate and/or government print and digital publications.