Quality Lab Supervisor
Des Moines, IA
$50-70K + bonus
Our food manufacturing client is looking to add a Quality Lab Supervisor in their Des Moines, IA facility. This Supervisor will administer the leadership and direction to the staff, reviewing and preparing reports while ensuring testing procedures are followed to comply with applicable regulations and company policies. This Supervisor will report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Assess lab reports to identify potential micro problems and results.
• Ensure all procedures and policies meet the USDA, FSIS laboratory recognition program.
• Control budgets for microbiology section of Quality Assurance Department.
• Comply with safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
• Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of the company’s products.
• Guarantee a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 3+ years of related experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Understanding an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Medical, dental and vision plans
• Life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays
• Paid personal time
Quality Lab Supervisor, Lab Supervisor, Quality Supervisor, food safety, food quality, USDA, FSIS, micro