Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Location: Lombard, IL
The Customer Service Representative will effectively communicate with patients regarding services they received and will collect any outstanding balance due on the patients account.
Duties and responsibilities include the following and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Address upset and/or concerned patients to resolve account issues.
2. Receive in-bound patient calls and resolve questions and/or issues with the patients account(s).
3. Make outbound self-pay pre-collection calls prior to accounts being placed with collection agency or written off.
4. Make payment arrangements with patients.
5. Complete charity care write-offs.
6. Process patient payments over the phone.
7. Update patient information into the applicable HIS system.
8. Process patient correspondence.
9. Respond to all inquiries in a professional manner
10. Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
11. Follows Company and Department policies and procedures, as set out by Company management. Completes job duties and assignments timely, accurately and with a professional attitude and appearance. Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with other Company personnel. Maintains a regular, predictable attendance and has the ability to keep a regular work schedule.