Job title: Service Technician
Location: Indianapolis IN
• Service Repair Technician for the Repair Depot is responsible for evaluation, repair and upgrade of a returned medical device.
General duties include:
• Utilizes instrument testing, Quality control testing, and visual inspection techniques.
• Troubleshoots and resolves routine problems encountered with product testing.
• Specialized knowledge of electro mechanical assemblies or systems.
• Tests instruments and sub-assemblies following documented written procedures to assure conformance to specifications and standards.
• Create and maintain appropriate Service History Records and associated documentation following GDP guidelines.
• Troubleshoots routine test failures to the sub-assembly level
• ISO13485 experience preferred
• 2+ years' experience in a hands on instrument testing environment or scientific lab environment
• 1-3 Years of relevant experience in test role, performing hands-on instrument testing, preferably in the medical device industry with Blood Borne pathogen training.
• Attention to detail and high quality work
• Good documentation practices in a FDA regulated environment
• Experience using basic hand tools and calibrated equipment
• Experience handling small mechanical components
• Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, Google apps, database entry and Complaint Resolution Management platform.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
• High School Diploma
• Preferred Associate’s Degree or specialized or advanced training in science, electronics or related field, or experience in a complaint handling lab