Competitive Salary DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
James City County Stormwater and Resource Protection Division is seeking an individual to perform responsible work monitoring, planning, and inspecting a variety of environmental development programs for the County. There are three levels of Inspector distinguished by the level of work performed and the qualifications of the employee.
Inspector I: $38/146 / year or higher DOQ
Inspector II: $41,018 / year or higher DOQ
Inspector III: $44,104 / year or higher DOQ
• Perform compliance monitoring on private and County development projects in accordance with related laws, regulations and programs; perform preconstruction meetings for erosion and sediment control program requirements; respond to citizen inquiries about erosion and sediment control.
• Utilize PermitLink software, issue land disturbing permits and track progress of development projects; review and process record drawings and construction certifications for stormwater management facilities; compute, with supervision, performance surety on projects; review progress of guaranteed work to ensure compliance with approved plans.
• Investigate and report Damage Assessments as needed following major weather events; provide assistance regarding drainage and erosion control problems during construction, respond promptly to citizen questions, complaints and concerns relating to environmental and drainage concerns.
• (Inspector II) Perform plan of development reviews on basic cases for erosion and sediment control program requirements.
• (Inspector III) Perform plan of development reviews on complex cases for erosion and sediment control program requirements; compute and provide recommendations on release or reduction of performance surety on projects; case management of administrative or formal Chesapeake Bay Exceptions and administrative or local wetland board tidal wetland applications.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; and, some experience in engineering, construction or soil conservation or related field.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within 12 months of hire certification as an Erosion & Sediment Control inspector and as a Stormwater inspector from the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
• Must possess or be able to obtain within thirty (30) days of hire a Virginia driver’s license and an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and practice of construction, erosion and sediment control, storm drainage, Stormwater management, or soil conservation; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other county employees and the public.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 06/07/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov