The Cybersecurity Technical Writer/Editor position is ideally suited for a highly motivated professional who is a courteous, flexible, proactive, organized, and energetic self-starter. This Technical Writer/Editor is in a Client-facing position and must be skilled at interacting with a variety of people, including executive management and technical experts. Job candidates must also have superb writing, editing, and copy-editing skills; be able to effectively communicate, collaborate, and solve problems within a team; thrive in a fast-paced environment; and excel in the high-level multitasking challenges associated with a consulting organization.
• Function as a communications and information specialist, developing security policy and other Client deliverables internally and externally.
• Works as member of a consultant team to address policy needs of our Cybersecurity programs, as well as managing Policy Only projects for a variety of Clients
• Research, analyze, and develop Client deliverables utilizing writing and industry security best practices
• Gather necessary information from internal personnel, Client personnel, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to develop, write, format, and edit technical and non-technical information for policies, procedures, briefs, and other client deliverables.
• Provide technical and editorial document review and written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security information documents.
• Reviews documentation and “evidence” from HITRUST Assessments and PCI Assessments for compliance, gaps to support Assessment processes
• Develops and maintains company “templates” used for policy projects
• Develops internal documents as needed to support operational needs and marketing deliverables.
• Develops and maintains operational procedures for policy projects
• Apply appropriate client, industry, and corporate writing style guidance to all products
• Participate in and support ongoing training programs on topics including grammar, content, product development, information security, and software tools
• Superb grasp of the English language
• Creative and critical thinking capabilities.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional capacity.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to handle multiple project assignments in parallel.
• Ability to travel (less than 25%)
• An ability to manage multiple points of views while adhering to a single objective.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience or familiarity with wide range of publishing standards, guidelines, style guides, is desired.
• Ability to communicate at all levels; peers, engineers, management and Clients.
• 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in a field related to information security and privacy in supporting the creation and documentation of processes, procedures, policies, plans, manuals, handbooks, workflows, job aids, training material, and other documents
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in the preparation and presentation of security concept and evaluation documents; and the preparation of policies, procedures, requirements documentation, user and system manuals, test cases, or other technical documents
• Relevant work experience in health care, ecommerce, banking, retail and/or public sector
• Working knowledge of IT Security, Cybersecurity and Compliance policy and documentation standards, frameworks and vocabulary.