Brand Manager (BioPharmaceutical Industry) – New York, USA
innovative Brand Manager for the Americas Region to act in a consultative capacity as we execute on our brand enhancement/repositioning initiative.
In this key role you will report to the Head of Corporate Branding and Design.
The incumbent will monitor and collaborate on branding strategy, programs and initiatives to ensure all brand touch points and messaging are in keeping with our company‘s brand values and corporate guidelines.
If you are a strategic Branding Subject Matter Expert with a consultative, impactful/influential approach, we encourage you to consider this unique and exciting opportunity.
What you can look forward to accomplishing as a Brand Manager:
• Regional implementation and execution of branding programs
• Adaptation and implementation of guidelines for brand touch-point management
• Define, grow, monitor, and report regional KPI’s for brand awareness and perception of brand values
• Act as Subject Matter Expert - consulting and providing approval on brand-relevant topics, approving the presentation of the brand in it’s visual, textual and behavioral appearance
• Develop productive, consultative relationships (with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment) at all levels to drive achievement of branding initiatives
• Participate in rollout of new brand positioning; provide input, guidance and oversight of training, messaging and positioning to internal stakeholders (such as Sales, Marketing, R&D, Legal)
• Consults and works collaboratively with Corporate Communications Manager with regard to Brand Communication related initiatives and to facilitate idea exchange.
• Align with R&D at inception of new product development to ensure product design aligns with brand guidelines.
• Recommend ways to hone branding and ensure efficient resource utilization to yield desired results (i.e., recommend optimal social media channels to maximize outreach to target groups).
• Monitoring and reporting of branding programs of competitors
• Audits and partakes in trade shows/conventions – providing observations and recommendations to enhance our company’s brand.
• Participates in overseeing the branding roadmap and acts as a change agent to optimize branding.
• Communicate and partner with senior leadership with regard to branding
Skills and experience that you will to bring to the company as a Brand Manager:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Brand Management; or a bachelor’s degree in a different discipline plus 5+ years of relevant experience as outlined below
• A deep understanding of branding typically gained through a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as Brand Manager within an international organization encompassing:
• an understanding of Corporate Identity and Corporate Design,
• an understanding of marketing principles, digital marketing, and digital media to enable evaluation and development of digital strategies (including adapting trends)
• Managing complex projects in a matrix environment in an independent and structured manner
• Demonstrated track record for executing branding strategies with a solid understanding of brand management and brand-building
• Minimum of one year of experience in a B-2-B environment
• Excellent presentation, moderation, persuasion, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to act in a consultative capacity at all levels (including senior management)
• Latin American language skills would be a plus, though not required
• Experience with monitoring tools for digital channels is a plus
• Experience working in a matrix environment with cross functional teams is preferred
• Strong identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness and Enjoyment
Preferred Skills and Competencies needed for this Brand Manager role:
• Ability to think and work in systematically organized structures
• Consensus builder – able to collaboratively exert impact and influence
• Creative, innovative
• Reporting and Analytics capabilities
• Market analysis and research
• Product Marketing/Development understanding
• Consumer insight
This is a full time role / direct hire.
To apply for this Brand Manager role, call/text for more details or if you wish to schedule an initial phone dialogue. 646 250 8103 (Betty M Scott). You can also send your resume to