Network Planning Engineer III - RTC
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Contract, Contract - Option to Extend
The Network Expansion Planner shall work cross functionally to review feasibility, create network plans, create building-based solutions, and support business case development for telecommunications network expansions and new market developments. The purpose of these expansions is to increase network coverage and addressable market, to enable profitable revenue growth and to support strategic initiatives for the company.
Identify network expansion/new market development opportunities using appropriate targeting data against our current network.
Consider build versus lease options. Leases of available dark fiber from 3rd party providers in lieu of full build.
Use and apply appropriate corporate approved design guidelines to create best, most economical, and practical solutions for the targeted area
Support various Sales driven RFP opportunities, providing ?Nearnet? build analysis for large address sets.
Work with other engineering and planning organizations to create viable, economical plans.
When necessary work with Regional Finance Managers to prepare a business case. Aggregating as necessary supporting information, including revenue targeting data, lease expenses, capital costs, maps, and slides.
Provide ongoing support to released solutions, troubleshooting cost variance and unforeseen design issues.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Specific knowledge of Aerial, Buried, and Underground Fiber placement.
Understanding of optical networks including DWDM and Ethernet is a plus.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams with Field Engineers, and other planners to develop appropriate, most economical solutions.
Basic understanding of Financial Analysis.
Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel.
Most desired software knowledge would include Microsoft SQL, and mapping programs, specifically ArcGIS.
Experience in Outside Plant Construction, Project Management, Engineering desired.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Does the candidate have a Bachelor's Degree?
2. Does the candidate have 2+ to 5 years experience?
3. List in detail the candidate's experience with Aerial, Buried, and Underground Fiber placement AND optical networks including DWDM (Ethernet is a plus).
4. List any experience the candidate has in Outside Plant Construction, Project Management, Engineering:
5. Understanding of optical networks including DWDM and Ethernet is a plus
6. Basic understanding of Financial Analysis.
7. Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel.
8. Most desired software knowledge would include Microsoft SQL, and mapping programs, specifically ArcGIS.
9. Experience in Outside Plant Construction, Project Management, Engineering desired.
10. Last 4 digits of candidates SSN:
11. Candidate DOB (day & month only)
12. Salary Expectation?
13. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
14. Complete Current Address & Phone#