Quality/ Reliability Eng General - 271489 - RTC
Dearborn, Michigan, United States
Contract, Contract - Option to Extend
We are looking for experienced candidates to join multiple disciplines in our STA organization with strong communication, technical knowledge, project management, manufacturing and process quality expertise in component parts production for Chassis, Powertrain (including Electrified Powertrain), Body & Exterior, Stamping, Interior and Electrical/Electronics (including control modules/software) commodities. Responsibilities will vary based on position and project:
-Collaborate on sourcing decision to ensure capable supplier selection utilizing our standardized tools in assessing sourcing risks, developing robust industrialization plans to deliver Best In Class Supplier Performance. -Engage assigned suppliers in implementation of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) to deliver successful Vehicle and Powertrain launches with robust Production Parts Approval disciplines (PPAP) that meets Program launch milestones requirements. -Manage and escalate supplier progress status following APQP and program launch reporting guidelines. -Conduct on-site Supplier Evaluation Visits per our Global Product Development System (GPDS) supplier engagement process for new program parts with us & Supplier crossfunctional teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Pro-actively drive Failure Mode Avoidance through robust execution of Manufacturing Feasibility assessments, PFMEA, Special Characteristics (SCCAF) & Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis (GR&R), Capacity Analysis (CAR) reviews, enforcing Health Charts & Manufacturing Process Standards compliance and validation of implementation on supplier’s production/manufacturing floor. -Engage our/Supplier Cross-Functional teams (Commercial Purchasing, Product Development, Manufacturing, Packaging, etc) in the resolution and escalation of issues affecting Launch Readiness (APQP), Capacity, Quality and Warranty. -Drive immediate supplier containment and resolution of quality and capacity issues utilizing disciplined problem solving, lean best practices -Strong Project Management, Continuous Technical & Quality Improvement Mindset, Critical Thinking & Problem Resolution Skills with proven ability to deliver under time constraints. -Effective Leader with Collaborative Relationship Building and Communication Skills – Listening, Facilitating, Negotiating, Prioritizing and delivering team objectives on time.
2. Experienced in the use of 6-Sigma Quality Tools, G8D Problem Solving, QOS Management, GD&T, Measurement Systems Analysis.
3. Minimum of 3 years Manufacturing Expertise preferably in the automotive or leading edge technology Industry.
4. Preferred to have experience in Lean Manufacturing disciplines (Value Stream Mapping, Bill of Process, and Capacity Planning) and delivering Manufacturing Industrialization projects.
5. BS Degree or Equivalent
6. Last 4 digits of candidates SSN:
7. Candidate DOB (day & month only)
8. Salary Expectation?
9. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
10. Complete Current Address & Phone#