IT Business Analyst I - 3242 - RTC
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States, 28078
Our key client is looking to add a Production Support Analyst to their team in Huntersville, NC. They are a leader in the energy sector and support over 3 million customers. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. Please let us know if you would like to learn more about this great opportunity!
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, enhancing and supporting application programs and processes. This position interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve issues, and determine cost estimates. The position will provide subject matter expertise to the business client in order to assist with problem solving and will serve as a resource for training and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, maintain, enhance and support application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets.
· Provide production support and monitoring of systems supporting business clients, occasionally after normal work hours.
· Support SOX controls, testing and audits.
· Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
· Develop prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments.
· Document design specifications.
· Develop new and enhanced system functionality including custom code and packaged application configuration.
· Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring.
· Regularly report status and raise issues/risks as appropriate. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
· Collaborate with team members and operational groups to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
· Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of company, operations, and IT applications and infrastructure teams.
· Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and milestone time periods.
· Interact with external entities: vendors, service providers and product vendors.
· Interface with IT application owners and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Escalates or resolves conflicts, as needed.
· Help identify and recommend options, risks and alternatives to deliver a robust and stable infrastructure.
· Devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components.
· Assist in researching, evaluating, specifying and coding the configuration of hardware and/or software for application’s environment.
· Requires skill and proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines.
· Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices that may be applicable to the company.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
· 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
o SQL / PLSQL
- Preferred Requirements:
· 2+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools. - Preferred Requirements:
· 2+ years of experience developing and implementing data integration solutions in a SQL Server database environment. - Preferred Requirements:
· Experience with SSIS. - Preferred Requirements:
· One year of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment. - Preferred Requirements:
· Experience writing C# and VB.net code is a plus. - Preferred Requirements:
· Experience with energy business and systems that support retail energy. - Preferred Requirements:
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated proficiency of SQL development skills.
· Proficiency estimating work assignments and delivering to these estimates.
· Previous hands-on experience with design and development best practices.
· Understanding of SDLC and Agile Methodologies.
· Understanding of ETL best practices.
· Ability to perform application configuration and testing.
· Knowledge of working with dashboards and reports in SSRS.
· Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
· Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
· Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.
· Ability to perform ad hoc analysis, insight generation, and data migrations.
· Capable of evaluating user change requests and obtaining approval to make modifications.
· Participation in project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements.
· Ability to conduct unit testing to ensure application meets specifications.
· Willingness to work extended hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution and to achieve project milestones.
· Knowledge of Software Configuration Management discipline and systems change management processes.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide appropriate cross functional support and interaction.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to productively use XOOM’s toolset – MS Office Applications, MS Outlook, MS Project, Visio, Internet Explorer.
· Understanding of Relational Database concepts is a must.
· Flexibility, dedication, and team-spirit is a must.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be willing to travel when needed.
· On-call rotation and 24-hour on-call support will require some nights and weekends.
· Professional office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
· 1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
· 2. 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following:
o SQL / PLSQL
· 3. 2+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools. - Preferred Requirements:
· 4. 2+ years of experience developing and implementing data integration solutions in a SQL Server database environment. - Preferred Requirements:
· 5. Experience with SSIS. - Preferred Requirements:
· 6. One year of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems, preferably in a custom software development environment. - Preferred Requirements:
· 7. Experience writing C# and VB.net code is a plus. - Preferred Requirements:
· 8. Experience with energy business and systems that support retail energy. - Preferred Requirements:
9. Salary Expectation?
10. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
11. Complete Current Address & Phone#