IT Operations Technician III - 6134 - RTC
Town and Country, Missouri, United States
The Hosting Installation Technician (HIT) [IT Operations Technician 3] is an integral part of the Service Delivery organization responsible for configuring managed servers, installing applications and monitoring software. HIT is also responsible for the testing of the services provided and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during solution activation.
Ensure the satisfactory activation of client services as indicated by the product definitions and published implementation processes.
Perform installation and configuration of the operating system and application layers, of newly ordered Windows or Linux servers either stand alone or virtual within timeframes provided by management. All installations are done via remote tools, no hands on installation is performed.
Isolate and resolve both network and physical issues related to activation.
Provide technical review of work order prior to implementation (participation in kick-off call).
Perform configuration of our managed servers.
Work with clients to troubleshoot implementation issues.
Participate in an on-call rotation for off-hour implementation issues and maintenance requests.
Maintain and update documentation repository.
Provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients; being recognized through email and on client NPS (Net Promoter Scores).
Demonstrate a desire to learn new technologies as they arise for continued technical development.
Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
Must have 5-8 years related experience or equivalent
Administrative/build experience with ESX 4.x and 5.x
Administrative/build experience with Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 Standard and Enterprise editions, Windows Server 2012
Experience with HP servers
Strong networking undersanding/background
Knowledge of routers, bridges, switches and VLANs (802.1Q)
Working knowledge of firewalls/access lists and NAT
Excellent troubleshooting, communication (oral and written), customer service and interpersonal skills
Experience with Solaris 8-10
Knowledge of Database software (MSSQL, Oracle, MYSQL)
Knowledge of NFS and CIFS
Knowledge of Apache
Experience with load balancers
Experience with storage (3PAR, NetApp)
MCSE, CCNA or other equivalent certification strongly desired
Shift Preference: 8-5 Mon through Friday, may have to work odd hours here and there, no more than 2x per month
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Do you have a Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience?
2. You Must have 5-8 years related experience or equivalent?
3. Do you have Administrative/build experience with ESX 4.x and 5.x?
4. Do you have Administrative/build experience with Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
5. Do you have Knowledge of routers, bridges, switches and VLANs (802.1Q)?
6. Have you worked for Centurylink in the past? If so please provide manager name and dates of employment:
7. Last 4 digits of candidates SSN:
8. Candidate DOB (day & month only)
9. Salary Expectation?
10. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
11. Complete Current Address & Phone#