Job Description Summary
Primary Purpose: The position is to provide leadership and oversight for the design, development, testing, and support of applications developed in Pega/Java, along with the related distributed infrastructure and applications that provide data and/or services as part of the overall solution.
Must work on site in Raleigh.
Work closely with other IT teams, Architects, subject matter experts (both business and applications), developers, IT support and IS support personnel, to develop and deploy solutions. Develop customized integration and messaging solutions, and maintain new and existing integration components using the appropriate design methods and tools Develop and communicate application architecture strategies, guidelines and standards Create high-level design artifacts such as common business object models, component models and design abstracts Ensure all solutions promote flexibility, scalability, reliability, maintainability, reusability, security and adherence to architectural standards Bring an enterprise perspective to all technology-based initiatives Ensure effective communication and interaction with key associates involved in the delivery of the Commercial Lending solutions
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems related curriculum or equivalent education and related training
• 10+ years of experience in developing large, mission critical and secured application solutions
o 5+ years of experience with Financial Services software development
o 5-10+ years of experience with Business Process Management design and development with BPM tools
5-10+ years of experience using Pega BPM Tool is required especially Pega 6.1 and Pega 7.
o 5+ years of experience with Business Information design and development with DB2, Oracle, SQL Server or other database systems
o 5+ years of experience with object oriented technology, open systems and reusable component based application development involving JAVA
• Recognized expert in development of complex application integration solutions involving Application-to-Application (A-2-A) as well as Business-to-Business (B-2-B) using Message Oriented Middleware (MOM), Integration Brokers (IB), Business Processing Modeling (BPM) and Workflow tools with demonstrated ability to articulate complex processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of Lending/Commercial business functions and general Financial Services/Banking knowledge
• Experience working with matrixed teams / off-shore development
• Ability to work collaboratively across various IS sections in a service area as well as other System Architects, Data Technology Architects and key IT personnel
• Expert in understanding of technology planning and software development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
• Excellent understanding of client service models and customer orientation in service delivery
• Must have project management, leadership and problem resolution skills
• Pega Certified System Architect certification preferred.