We are currently looking for a Payroll Tax Administrator in our Nashville, TN facility. Interested candidates should have an Associates (minimum) or bachelor's (preferred) degree, with 5 years payroll experience in a multi-state environment and experience with ADP GlobalView or SAP HRIS a plus.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Administrator:
• Ensures proper setup of employees' work state for tax withholding and unemployment insurance purposes.
• Ensures proper setup and maintenance of local withholding codes for employees in the payroll system.
• Accurate and timely review and reconciliation of weekly and bi-weekly tax funding.
• Review and reconciliation of quarterly and year-end tax filing.
• Perform audits to ensure the accuracy of W-2 reporting.
• Process adjustments, W-2 corrections and coordinate tax amendments as appropriate.
• Prepare annual federal wage allocation by state and city for the Corporate Tax department.
• Coordinate and monitor SUI tax rate changes with unemployment insurance and payroll vendors.
• Maintaining and tracking tax verification reports for audit purposes.
• Responsible for acting as a vendor liaison and ensuring a successful and productive vendor relationship.
• Lead small to medium impact Administration and Payroll projects and tactical initiatives.
• Participate in projects that involve cross disciplinary teams.
• Responsible for training new hires and providing guidance and support on departmental policies, procedures and systems to all other A&P Specialists.
• Provide Call Management System (CMS) support to handle employee inquiries regarding W earnings and withholding taxes.
Requirements of the Payroll Tax Administrator:
• Associates (minimum) or bachelor's (preferred) degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
• Experience with ADP GlobalView or SAP HRIS a plus.
• Ability to coordinate priorities with Administration and Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, HR managers and HR business partners.
• Integrity and trustworthiness specific to confidentiality and privacy of employee information.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible work hours to ensure tax reporting deadlines are met.
• Ability to adapt to frequent changes that can occur with vendor relationships, system updates, policies, etc.
• Proactive in resolving issues with employees, businesses and other departments.
• Project management.
• Persuasiveness and assertiveness in communicating expectations to vendors. Ensure vendor compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Assist analysts in performing root-cause analysis, identifying systemic issues, implementing solutions.