Coding Manager - 5106
Role: Accounting / Finance / Billing / Collections
Relocation Available: Yes, location is Cincinnati area
Suggested Keywords to Search For: coding, manager, CPC, CIC, COC or CCA
Town / City: Crescent Springs
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Summary: Responsible for the leadership, day to day operations, and strategic growth of the Billing and Coding Department.
General Purpose: Operations and Service Delivery Leadership; employee and client relations; problem resolution; critical thinking; auditing; relationship and team building
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver value in the form of stable, predictable, and impactful business results by supporting the identification and collection of underpayment revenue opportunities
• Lead service delivery efforts to provide billing, coding, and compliance reviews on issues referred by other internal operations teams
• Establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with the department’s operations performance, efficiency, and effectiveness
• Partner with and provide consultative support to other operations leaders and departments
• Independently source and pursue opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies, and optimization of service delivery capabilities
• Provide subject matter expertise to the organization on billing, coding, and compliance related issues
• Onboard, engage, and motivate key talent in support of your goals and in compliance with policies, procedures, and standards
• Scale process and workflows to meet growing demands of the business
• Ensure team successfully achieves quality, productivity and collection goals
• Monitor regulatory updates and ensure all relevant information is communicated and incorporated in to departmental and company procedures
• Maintain regular contact with necessary parties regarding claim or project status including carriers, clients, managers and other personnel
• Investigate various issues with carriers and their contracts, respond to questions and resolve problems
• Prepare and submit correspondence such as letters, emails, online inquiries, appeals, adjustments, reports and payment posting
• Perform duties of analyst, lead analyst or supervisor as needed
• Organize, prepare and/or attend department, client and company meetings
• Comply with federal and state laws, company policies and procedures
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 10 years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience with a
• Minimum 5 years in a Management role
• Must have and maintain coding certificate; CPC or equivalent
• Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising
• Business process and workflow mapping skills
• Articulate, well-spoken, and thoughtful
• Demonstrated effectiveness in time management skills to complete tasks on time
• Advanced proficiency with desktop applications including strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Advanced Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to read and interpret an extensive variety of documents such as contracts, claims, instructions, policies and procedures in written (in English) and diagram form
• Ability to write routine correspondence (in English)
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong team player
• Commitment to company values
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. 10+ years of healthcare coding work experience including 5+ years in a Management role.
2. Coding certificate; CPC or equivalent (CPC, CIC, COC or CCA).
3. Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
4. Business process and workflow mapping skills.
This exciting opportunity is featured by KLM Careers a division of Absolute Opportunities.