Structural Engineer Department Manager - 5596
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Suggested Keywords to Search For: structural, engineer, manager, S.E., Licensed Structural Engineer
Town / City: San Francisco / Bay Area
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Company is looking for a Structural Engineering Department Manager with at least fifteen years of experience, who has the ability to lead and grow a team of structural engineers. The successful individual will be a structural engineer with at least fifteen years of experience in the design of steel, concrete, wood and masonry commercial/institutional buildings.
• B.S. degree in civil engineering
• M.S. degree in structural engineering
• Licensed as a Structural Engineer (S.E.)
• 15 or more years of experience
• Strong, effective leadership skills; team building expertise; and management experience
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance from the U.S. Government
In This Role You Will:
• Do structural analysis, design, and detailing on a variety of commercial & industrial projects
• Collaborate with the architect, owner, and contractor to provide a well-coordinated and high-quality set of structural drawings
• Work closely with and lead designers, drafters, modelers, and other in-house engineers to execute structural designs
• Meet with the project team to ensure effective communication flow during design
• Interface with the contractor during construction to ensure positive results with minimum complications
• Manage projects profitably and maintain a working relationship with clients
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. B.S. degree in civil engineering.
2. M.S. degree in structural engineering.
3. Licensed as a Structural Engineer (S.E.).
4. 15 or more years of experience in consulting engineering.
5. Able to obtain a security clearance from the U.S. Government.
This exciting opportunity is featured by KLM Careers a division of Absolute Opportunities