Bridge Construction / Heavy Highway Superintendent - 3797
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Suggested Keywords to Search For: superintendent, construction, bridge, heavy highway, heavy civil
Location: New York
Town / City: Wilton
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position involves supervision and oversight of bridge construction and/or heavy highway construction projects and will require the applicant to manage project budgets and schedules.
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Coordinate foreman and crews to ensure adequate staffing of jobs
* Lead field operations to ensure safety, quality & productivity.
* Monitor and improve crew productions and understand goals.
* Meet with foremen and crews to plan daily schedules and effectively communicate goals of project with foremen.
* Communicate with owners, agencies and inspectors.
* Work with union BA's / Stewards to hire labor force and understand labor and union agreements.
* Oversee compliance with all safety policies and OSHA regulations.
* Manage day to day operations of job site including material procurement, equipment use and laborer over site.
* Monitor and ensure site safety controls and develop SSHASP in collaboration with safety department.
* Attend meetings and provide technical assistance
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in a bridge/heavy highway construction field required.
* A minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience
* Ability to adapt to and learn a variety of computer applications.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and as a team.
* Must have proficient knowledge with NYSDOT standard specification as it relates to construction.
* Ability to interpret blueprints and analyze job costs.
* Able to complete required duties in a fast-paced environment and within stated deadlines.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Must possess a clean valid driver's license.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Position may require travel.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
2. 10+ years of experience in a bridge/heavy highway construction.
3. 3-5 years supervisory experience.