Senior Project Manager / Estimator - Environmental - 3795
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Suggested Keywords to Search For: project manager, construction, environmental, construction management
Location: New York
Town / City: Wilton,ny
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position involves all estimating and management of environmental construction projects.
* A Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, environmental management or in construction management preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in project management.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a supervisory role.
* A record of successfully estimating and managing construction projects between the $5M to $40M.
* Have a working knowledge of means & methods, crew composition and production rates for environmental construction.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.
* The ability to work with and lead a team to complete projects with in stated deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
* Position may require travel
* Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
* Read, review, and evaluate projects to bid for risk, schedule and chance of success.
* Reviews plans and specifications to determine scope and resources necessary to complete the proposal.
* Attend pre-bid meetings with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
* Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
* Compare bid pricing to historical data.
* Review project methods, costing and schedule with supervisor.
* Lead a team of estimators on large or complex projects.
* Develop a project D/M/WBE subcontracting plan.
* The complete preparation of bid documents.
* Help prepare post bid documentation for award.
* Prepare and maintain the project budget.
* Negotiate material purchase and subcontracts.
* Develop and maintain the project CMP schedule.
* Represent the company in communications with the owner, engineer, suppliers and subcontractors.
* Develop and manage project documentation.
* Manage billings and change orders.
* Prepare project financial statements.
* Visit project sites to observe construction methods
* Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals.
* Position may require travel.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, environmental management or in construction management preferred.
2. 10+ years of experience in project management including environmental construction.
3. 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role in environmental construction.
4. A record of successfully estimating and managing construction projects between the $5M to $40M.