Senior Estimator - 4166
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Suggested Keywords to Search For: estimator, bridge, heavy civil
Location: New York
Town / City: Wilton
Job Type: Permanent full-time
* Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
* Read, review, and evaluate projects to bid for risk, schedule and chance of success.
* Reviews plans and specifications to determine scope and resources necessary to complete the proposal.
* Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
* Compare bid pricing to historical data.
* Lead a team of estimators on large or complex projects.
* Develop a project D/M/WBE subcontracting plan.
* The complete preparation of bid documents.
* Help prepare post bid documentation for award.
* Prepare the project budget.
* Represent the company in communications with the owner, engineer, suppliers and subcontractors.
* Develop and manage project documentation.
* Visit project sites to observe construction methods
* Communicate and reinforce the company vision, values and goals.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in bridge and/or heavy highway construction estimating.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a supervisory role.
* A record of successfully estimating bridge/heavy civil construction between the $5M to $40M.
* Have a working knowledge of means and methods, crew composition and production rates for concrete and steel bridge construction.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.
* The ability to work with and lead a team to bid projects with in stated deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
2. 10+ years of experience in bridge or heavy highway construction estimating.
3. 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
4. A record of successfully estimating bridge/heavy civil construction between the $5M to $40M.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CMP scheduling software.