CNC Machinist - 4239
Role: Technician / Maintenance
Relocation Available: No
Suggested Keywords to Search For: CNC, lathe, milling machine, grinder, shaper, machinist, parts
Location: North Carolina
Town / City: Winston-Salem
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Company has an immediate opening for a CNC Machinist.
Shift: Machine Shop, night shift 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Sets up and operates CNC machining center and CNC lathe as well as a variety of manual machine shop equipment to produce precision metal parts. May also fabricate and modify parts to maintain industrial machinery, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. This is a hands-on position requiring knowledge combined with a strong troubleshooting ability.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Machines parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders.
• Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and other measuring devices.
• Will be required to provide assistance involving repairs and general maintenance work
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be mechanically inclined, have good problem solving skills, be able to work independently, and be able to do highly accurate work that requires concentration and physical effort.
• Ability to maintain good working relationship with all co-workers and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of responsibilities.
Vocational school training and/or relevant work experience. Must possess the ability to read and write effectively. Must be proficient in mathematics as it relates to machinist work.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Vocational school training and/or relevant work experience. Must possess the ability to read and write effectively.
2. 2+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders.
3. Interest on night shift?