Certified Welder - 4252
Role: Technician / Maintenance
Relocation Available: Yes
Suggested Keywords to Search For: welder, certified, 6G
Town / City: East Grand Forks
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Day Shift Position:
• Primary function is to provide welding expertise to assist and support maintenance activities.
• Performs fabrication, pipefitting and rigging.
• Communicates with others to enable them to set appropriate priorities.
• Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the process operation.
• Participates in safety programs and safety training. Must understand and be totally committed to and compliant with all Company Safety and Sanitation policies.
• Uses a basic knowledge of all process equipment in performing job duties.
• Works without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
• Uses the SAP maintenance management system in the accomplishment of job duties.
• Works overtime as required.
• A High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• Must successfully pass a Basic Mechanical Aptitude test.
• Must possess a current ASME, Section 9 Welding Certification, (6G Pipe).
• Must understand and demonstrate a safe working knowledge of all applicable welding and cutting equipment and procedures.
• Must be able to reason through problems involving set up and routine maintenance of complex processing equipment.
• Must be able to exercise judgment and planning in selecting and using materials, tools, and equipment in construction, erection, or maintenance.
• Must be able to perform a given job including but not limited to: use tools or instruments, perform pipe layout, pipe fitting, rigging, scaffolding, and welding.
• Must be able to work and communicate effectively with others including: maintenance personnel, end foremen, station people, management, vendors, and technical representatives.
• Must furnish own hand tools as required to perform the duties of "Certified Welder". Must demonstrate proper/safe use of tools and instruments and be able to identify by proper name.
• Must be able work safely under all weather conditions, locations, and at different elevations in the factory, yards, and bins.
• Must be physically capable of using all required safety equipment to perform assigned tasks. Must be physically capable of performing all maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to read and understand written information, manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams etc. Must have basic math skills.
• Must be able to reference, read and understand how to use MSDS information.
• Working knowledge of OSHA standards is required.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a forklift and manlift certification.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Current ASME, Section 9 Welding Certification, (6G Pipe).
3. Own hand tools as required to perform the duties of "Certified Welder". Must demonstrate proper/safe use of tools and instruments and be able to identify by proper name.
4. Able to read and understand written information, manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams etc. Must have basic math skills.
5. Must possess or be able to obtain a forklift and manlift certification.