Electrician - Industrial - 4068
Role: Technician / Maintenance
Relocation Available: No
Location: North Carolina
Town / City: Winston-Salem
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Company has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician for the Night Shift.
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor. Electricians are involved in the daily installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of manufacturing systems. This is a hands-on position requiring knowledge of electrical systems combined with a strong equipment troubleshooting ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
* Ensures the proper and safe functioning of all electrical units in the facility.
* Completes repairs in a safe and timely manner, ensuring that all special PPE is utilized according to company rules and policies, following job related SOP's.
* Completes scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions and unsafe conditions and reports and corrects them.
* Locates and analyses the root-cause of electrical problems, failing components and malfunctions and makes corrections, striving to improve equipment reliability.
* Installs, tests, and maintains electrical wiring, appliances, fixtures, and machinery.
* Connects wires to transformers, circuit breakers, inspects electrical equipment and systems, plans layout of wiring and equipment in conformance to all codes.
* Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, control / circuit boards, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices, using hand tools and power tools, as well as electrical testing equipment.
* May be required to provide assistance in the plant involving other types of general maintenance work.
* Responsibilities include exemplary housekeeping and care of machinery and work areas
* Troubleshoots programmable logic controllers.
* Reports time spent, parts used, settings and other job related activities in the CMMS system.
* May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
* Provides feedback to planners and supervisors in order to improve routine procedures, part availability and job preparation.
* Provides training and feedback to the operators and production supervisors
* Requisitions supplies, materials, tools, machine parts, and other necessary equipment.
No supervisory responsibilities assigned. Performs work under supervision and in a support capacity.
* Primarily responsible for work directly related to general business operations.
* Exercises limited, independent judgement, consults superiors on all but routine procedures. Tends to follow defined procedures.
* Devotes less than 20% of time to activities other than those described above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must successfully pass application, interview and pre-hire screening process if not currently employed.
* Must successfully complete post hire training, if not currently employed.
* Ability to maintain good working relationship with all co-workers and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of responsibilities.
* Must be mechanically inclined, have good problem solving skills, be able to work independently, and be able to do highly accurate work that requires concentration and physical effort.
* Must have basic computer skills and PLC knowledge.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Vocational school training and/or substantial relevant work experience is required. Work history will be reviewed for stability where applicable and a clean criminal record is required. Must posses the ability to read write and calculate effectively. Must be proficient in mathematics as it relates to electrical engineering. Must understand electrical theory, motor repair, electrical circuits, electrical test equipment and electrical control. Must be familiar with electrical code and PPE requirements for various tasks in the electrical trade.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Vocational School training.
2. Electrician with solid Heavy Industrial experience.
3. PLC Experience.
4. Local or close enough for a short easy move.
5. Interest in night shift.