Product Development Engineer - 4094
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Elizabethtown
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Serves as the Manager and Coordinator for all new product introductions and product improvements and has complete responsibility for maintaining and updating all pricing catalogs for all product platforms. Works closely with manufacturing in determining best methods to accomplish desired results. Works closely with Order Services, Purchasing, and IT in maintaining product data base. Heads a monthly Dealer Suggestion Meeting and a monthly Product Development meeting, both with management to gather and discuss ideas and track progress of product changes and improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate all activities and distribute information concerning new product introductions and product improvements with all Departments including all necessary documentation.
2. Work closely with manufacturing in determining best methods to accomplish desired results.
3. Work closely with Order Services and IT in maintaining product database.
4. Responsibility for coordinating the maintenance and updating all price and specification catalogs for all product platforms (Premier and Centra.)
5. Assist in developing sales aid items and other marketing tools.
6. Develop a tracking system for product changes and improvements.
7. Head a monthly Dealer Suggestion meeting and monthly Product Development meeting with management to gather and discuss ideas and progress; prepare and distribute meeting minutes with a "to do" list.
8. Research and communicate to management cabinet industry trends and information.
9. Coordinate with Order Services managers for inputting data for the electronic spreadsheet that the IT Department uses to update electronic catalogs.
10. Provide needed drawing details to AutoCAD Department for Office and Plant use as required to get new items acknowledged to our Dealers and drawn for Plant floor requirements.
11. Coordinate with Purchasing Department as necessary to ensure that the correct purchased items are specified, that incoming materials/parts are to the needed specifications and that M2M/OE merchandise codes are created and placed/maintained in the database.
12. Participate in training sessions with Plant and Office Associates to educate Associates on the new items, and in Dealer Training events.
13. Willingness to take part in additional training and accept new assignments as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be knowledgeable of cabinet manufacturing processes and functionality of cabinetry.
2. Must have exceptional people skills and be able to function in team settings as well as in individual settings.
3. Must have Product Engineering experience including AutoCAD Software skills in a medium to large Cabinet or Furniture Company. Kitchen cabinet or 20/20 Design software skills would be a plus.
4. Must be knowledgeable in cabinet industry terms and nomenclature.
5. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
6. Must be proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Excel and Word in a Windows environment.
7. Must be focused and attentive to details.
8. Must be able to function with interruptions and deadlines.
9. Required to handle multiple priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Four year college degree in a relevant field required. Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in product development in the custom cabinet industry or closely related.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. 4+ years of experience in product development in the custom cabinet industry or closely related.