Sales Representative - 5103
Relocation Available: Yes
Industry: Sales and Marketing
Town / City: Stanford
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Review and analyze the company's product pricing compared to published or disclosed prices of competitors in the market place. Develop pricing options to meet competitive opportunities and provide input for profitability projections and corporate pricing strategy. Manages sales and product marketing of the company’s engineered product through aggressive sales campaigns. Is the primary contact for all customer service issues involving the company and the client. Frequent contact and communication with the President concerning customer product satisfaction and concerns is required, as well as strongly promoting customer confidence and loyalty for the product being produced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Essential job functions are duties that are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. The term does not include functions that are performed on an occasional basis, performed by some but not all persons in the position or that are only of marginal importance. Essential job functions for this position are as follows, with other duties being assigned as necessary.
• Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
• Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy for future marketing and promotion activities.
• Review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates.
• Develop sales campaigns to affect the goals of the company.
• Negotiate and arrange purchases, sales orders, and transportation of goods including shipping documentation and accounting.
• Contact, consult and negotiate with buyers, wholesalers and retailers.
• Checking raw material from suppliers for quantity and quality specifications in tandem with production control and engineering.
• Primary customer service and technical contact for customer product concerns.
• Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from the sales line.
• Coordinate internal cost reduction projects to attribute to the company’s bottom line.
• Represent company at trade association meetings to promote company product line.
• Must be capable of operating as a liaison for communication between the company and Japanese customers and vendors.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals and establish new business.
• Meets with key clients, maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Calls on management representatives such as engineers, or other professional and technical personnel at other establishments and attempts to convince prospective clients of desirability and practicability of products or services our company can offer.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
• Recommend changes, where warranted, for pricing of renewal business, new product offers, and long-term contracts with major customers.
• Draws up or proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Engineering, Business, Social Science, Industrial Management or related discipline from four-year college or university is essential for management of customer service issues within a bi-cultural environment; two-five years of supervisory/sales training experience in the automotive parts sales industry or a comparable industry. Knowledge of automotive metal stamping, and die manufacturing within the customs of the Japanese business culture is desired. Fluency in both writing and speaking English and Japanese is considered necessary. Additionally, knowledge of acceptable business protocol for both Japanese and American sales is required. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or other members of the business community. Capacity to effectively present complex engineering concepts and technical ideas to top management, public groups, and customers. Aptitude for working with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and the applications necessary to apply the information to practical situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and effective organizational and time management skills. Proficiency in spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Lotus 1-2-3 and the ability to learn new software database systems as needed.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Social Science, Industrial Management or related.
2. 2+ years of sales experience for a manufacturer in the automotive parts industry or a comparable industry.
3. Knowledge of automotive metal stamping, and die manufacturing within the customs of the Japanese business culture is desired.
4. Fluency in both writing and speaking English and Japanese.