Project Manager / Design Assistant - 5152
Role: Project Manager
Relocation Available: No
Salary / Package: Based on qualifications.
Town / City: Suffolk
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Provide overall management direction for multiple design assist projects and nurture the business relationship relative to a particular Client, group of Clients or geographical area.
• Work with Director of Preconstruction to establish project objectives, budgets and milestones.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with. Prime client and A/ E contacts to facilitate design assist and construction activities.
• Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of drawing sets during each phase of the project development.
• Review design options and recommend best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, price list and quotes.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Manage and monitor project from design thru construction. Control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Represent the company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations / strategy meetings, etc.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income / expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with Client.
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
• Four year engineering degree
• Five or more years of experience / knowledge of construction, design, finance, management and estimating.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards,
etc. and their impact on project activities; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
• Must be a skilled businessman, with knowledge of the design build / assist process.
• Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check, drug test, and MVR check when responsibilities require operating motor vehicles.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
2. 5+ years of experience in construction including design, finance, management and estimating.